Candidate will be responsible for engineering of material handling system. Each system is custom designed per customer specifications. This requires a team effort of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and project management. The team will develop and implement a design concept that satisfies the customer’s requirement for functionality, productivity and expense.
The Mechanical Engineer shall:
- Estimates job costs
- Design/Enhances conveyor systems as well as various automated and semi-automated material handling systems.
- Create required plans and or drawings of conveyor systems.
- Creates required elevation and/or section view drawings
- Generate all bill of materials required for fabrication and installation
- Develops conveyor listings, calculate conveyor load points and horsepower.
- Designs steel structures, platforms, and ceiling hanger steel
- Select vendors based on best quality and price for various equipment
- Occasionally travel to project site to measure buildings, inventory equipment, commission the system, and interface with the customer
- Work with ever changing client requirements, which may require new designs and developments.
- Find custom solutions based on creative problem solving techniques which may include hands on skills.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Produce project schedule
- Track and report project financials
- Produce permits
- Generate bi-weekly project reports
- Manage resources required to implement the material handling project
- Must be hands on and have the communication skills and drive to see projects through to successful completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or an Associates Degree in Mechanical Drafting
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is requested
- Some travel is required