Candidate will be responsible for completing a technical review of engineered Material Handling Systems along with managing and co-managing Projects through their lifecycles. The candidate works with minimal supervision to resolve technical issues and equipment errors on material handling systems.
The technical engineer manages material handling automation projects involving a wide variety of equipment, machines, software controls and is responsible for onsite setup, programming, and customer training of Voice Hardware, Print and Applies, Scanners, In-Motion Scales, and related peripherals used within said system.
- Plans, executes, and completes material handling equipment project involving structures, conveyors, machinery, controls, and software
- Manages project financials and project resources, often in multiple locations.
- Manages relationships and contracts with multiple partners and vendors.
- Manage all stages of a projects lifecycle (Planning, Design, Detailing, Procurement, Execution, and Finalization)
- Provides verbal and written updates to projects, including in-scope deliverables, project issues, and risks.
- Travel to project site to facilitate installation and execution; assembles, aligns and installs equipment as needed
- Reviews customer specifications and scope documentation to assist in installation, startups, and troubleshooting
- Provides documentation, training, and support to clients
- Provides mechanical and electrical equipment troubleshooting
- Assists with debugging, developing, testing and supporting software for material handling systems.
- Find custom solutions based on creative problem-solving techniques which may include hands on skills.
- Works closely with the software, electrical engineering, and mechanical design team to develop and integrate controls solutions
- Performs assignments based on computer support and application development to help enhance the processes within our organization.
- Architects, commissions, and supports IT Infrastructure within various locations of our organization
- Knowledge of material handling systems, warehouse management systems (WMS) fulfillment or distribution center operations, and supply chain logistics
- Must be hands on and have the communication skills and drive to see projects through to successful completion.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Products in an Office 365 Cloud Environment.
- Knowledge of software languages, including;
- SQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Application development using Microsoft Technolgies (ASP, .NET, Java Script, JQuery, HTML5)
- Mobile Software Development and WPF and XAML technologies a plus.
- Voice Integration Technologies (BNF Notation, Java, C#, V++)
- Knowledge in computer hardware, industrial controls hardware, and diagnostic experience. (Cisco, Microsoft, Hosted VOIP, Rockwell Automation, ControlLogix)
- Average to advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols and basic routing and switching best practices a must.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to handle multiple project assignments and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced results-orientated environment.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as required, particularly during project go-live events
- Customer Service Orientated
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strong Organization and collaborative skills