From our friends at Mallard Manufacturing regarding the many uses of gravity conveyor -
Gravity conveyor is the most affordable and reliable way to move materials from point A to point B. You’ll see its rollers at work in receiving, processing, order fulfillment, staging, assembly and loading docks. Non-powered gravity sections are positioned flat for push-assisted applications or minimally sloped to flow with gravity.
Constructed of heavy gauge galvanized steel, Mallard’s gravity conveyor can be configured for existing pick or process lines or used as stand-alone and temporary unit. Conveyor sections are available in a variety of lengths, widths and rail heights to meet your specifications. Our heavy duty rollers are constructed to support a variety of load requirements including uneven or awkward containers. We use permanently lubricated ball bearings to maximize life and minimize jams.
Gravity Conveyor Advantages
- Minimal Investment – relies solely on gravity, no need for expensive motors
- All Galvanized- clean, heavy duty and food safe
- Low Maintenance – Rollers do collect debris, preventing hang-ups
- Versatile - A wide variety of roller widths, lengths and heights allows full customization
- Flexible – Used for a large number of material handling applications
Gravity Conveyor Applications
- Work in Process
- Order Fulfillment
- Pick Modules
- Work Stations
To view the full article, click HERE.
For more information on BoxLogix Automation, call 877-500-3241.